Baronial Financial Policy
The following points constitute the Barony of Brendoken’s financial policy in accordance with Society rules and regulations and may be superseded by any changes to Corpora or Society rules and regulations.
- Four signatories are required to be on the group’s bank account at all times. These will include the Kingdom Exchequer, the Baronial Exchequer, the Baronial Seneschal and one other officer to be decided by the Exchequer and Seneschal.
- Expenses under $100.00 may be approved jointly by the Seneschal and the Exchequer, but shall be reported to the barony at the next business meeting.
- All expenses $100.00 and over must go before the group for a vote at a published baronial activity with 3 of the 4 Kingdom mandated Baronial officers present before being approved.
- All event proposals being submitted for approval must include a budget.
- Event expenses in excess of the budgeted amount must be approved as follows:
- Amounts under $50.00 must be approved by the Baronial Seneschal, the Baronial Exchequer and the Autocrat/s.
- Amounts $50.00 and over must be approved first by the Autocrat(s) and then by a group vote at a published baronial activity with 3 of the 4 Kingdom mandated Baronial officers present.
- Expenses approved in an event budget do not need to be reapproved due to costs exceeding $50.00.
- All event reports must be completed and turned in to the exchequer or seneschal within 2 weeks of the time the 30-day reimbursement period ends or when the financial proceedings regarding the event have been completed if prior to the 30-day reimbursement period.
- All receipts for approved expenses must be turned in within 30 days of the incurred expense for reimbursement with the exception of extenuating circumstances which must be made known to the Exchequer.
- All receipts must be reimbursed within 30 days of the time that the Exchequer receives them.
- Cash advances are strongly discouraged.
- All cash advances must be reconciled within 30 days of the advance.
- Any person who has written a bad check to the Society will be responsible for repaying the amount of the check and any fees incurred from that transaction by cash, money order or cashier’s check. A second check will not be accepted to cover the fees of the
first check. If this is not resolved within 2 weeks it will be reported to Kingdom. (Please note: according to Society/Kingdom rules if the bad debt is turned in to the Kingdom, the person writing the check is not permitted into any SCA sanctioned event without first paying, via cash, money order or cashier’s check, the total amount of fees, bad debts and current event charges.)
- Any person writing 2 bad checks to the group within a one-year period will be put on probation and reported to the Kingdom immediately. They will not be allowed to write a check to the Barony of Brendoken for a period no less than one year from the date the bad debt is reconciled.
- All checks written by the Barony and not cashed within 180 days will be considered a donation.
- Receipts will be given for all donations: cash, property, services (if requested). Said receipts must be signed by the Seneschal. In the event the donation was made by the Seneschal, the Exchequer will also sign the receipt.
- All funds given to the Barony must be deposited within 5 working days of the time the Exchequer receives them.
- All money must be counted and verified. Both the counter and the verifier are to sign off on the count.
- It is recommended that all financial questions should be directed to the Baronial Exchequer. If there is a problem with the Exchequer this should be directed to the Baronial Seneschal. If unresolved the situation will then be directed to the Regional Seneschal or Exchequer, whichever is appropriate, and so on.
Last Revised: June 29, 2003